I'm eternally grateful that my Dad is able to walk the survivor lap. (he's got his purple shirt thrown over his shoulder if you can't find him) It will be 3 years this fall that he is cancer free. Every year that passes and he is healthy, I say a prayer for one more, many more. He may not admit it, but I know it is often at the back of his mind, our minds. What if it comes back somewhere else? My greatest fear. That's what these walks are for, we need to find a cure for cancer. I see it everywhere these days, I could rattle off 5 names of people I know that have it without having to even think about it. That is so scary. No one should have to suffer through it.
13 years ago
4 comments:
Nice post Kelly...and you are right....Cancer has got to go. It has caused far to much pain and fear in the lives of too many people I love too. I'm glad you could go again this year (sorry I couldn't make it--graduation duty) but will be thankful, right along with you for each cancer-free year for your dad...and pray NO ONE else I love need ever join him on that lap.
Nice post Kelly...and you are right....Cancer has got to go. It has caused far to much pain and fear in the lives of too many people I love too. I'm glad you could go again this year (sorry I couldn't make it--graduation duty) but will be thankful, right along with you for each cancer-free year for your dad...and pray NO ONE else I love need ever join him on that lap.
Thanks for the touching post-each step of the opening ceremony is so inspiring. It amazes me every year how many people turn out to walk and say "I fought cancer and won". Thanks for sharing the evening with dad and me...and hope each year he walks he celebrates being cancer free
wonderful post Kelly, so sorry the weekend is the same as AVON, proud of you John, I know you celebrate every day
Post a Comment