Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quote For The Day

Roger Ebert and his wife were on Oprah the other day. He has been through a horrible battle with cancer. This is a quote from him taken from his happiness journal that he has kept. I think it is pretty right on. It's definitely something we can all benefit from.


"I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something
to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this, and I am happy I have lived long enough to find out. "

---Roger Ebert

Another incredible quote I came across the other day. I don't know who the quote is by but it really hit me.

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others."

A perfect example of why you should love people for who they are, imperfections and all. I can't change the things in other people that frustrate me, I can only change the way I react to them.

6 comments:

dianna said...

Love it Kel. That journal he has been keeping has some pretty powerful entries in it.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Kelly. This is wonderful.

Deb said...

Wow...Boy do I believe he's got it! :)

JeffBoz said...

This is ver cool Kel. I like to ascrbe to this message. I do not know where it came from. Some high thinker I'm sure. I like to live by..."It's nice to be nice to the nice."

Mom said...

Good words to remember and live by...thanks Kelly for a good start to the day!

AuntCindy said...

I Love this post Kelly....VERY Positive!!!