Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Thiessen's Doctor's Appointment, etc.

I know that many of you are curious about our first doctor's appointment today. We didn't get to meet the doctor but got a tour of "The Group" and had a wonderful nurse take our health history. After filling out the first form incorrectly (when you don't know your family history you should write "don't know" instead of "no") I filled out my second one correctly. We received a great book, magazines, a urine cup (for our next visit), and various other goodies. I had blood taken and will go back again on July 27th after we get back from California. I don't technically have one doctor because it is in a group with seven ob/gyns, so throughout the pregnancy we will see them all. They do it that way so you are at least familiar with the person who will deliver the baby. They have my due date at February 24 but "What to Expect.com" has it on February 22 but I'm hoping for February 20 because it would be a cool looking number (02/20/2010).

Then we came home...while I was sitting on the couch and Brian was using the toilet. We heard a noise. I yelled "What did you do?" Brian yelled back, "It wasn't me." Then he looked out the bedroom window to see our neighbor laying on the ground. I looked out the kitchen sliding door to see our neighbor laying on the ground about 10 feet away from the ladder that was on the ground. I made Brian go out and check on him because I was too nervous. I called 911 while Brian checked on the neighbor. You can only imagine what was going through our minds at this point. I sounded so stupid to 911 because I didn't know their address and could barely tell my own phone number. After falling almost two stories off his ladder he is surprisingly fine to say the least...he has a sore hip and arm. He did turn down the ambulance ride to the hospital but when you see a man laying on the ground you don't know what will be there. Brian and I were scared out of our wits but luckily all is fine.


14 comments:

Jan said...

It's so exciting having another grandchild on the way. Try to enjoy every minute of this gift, even when you aren't feeling well.
Glad your neighbor didn't get hurt bad, that was quite a fall. Now we know why Brian is afraid to clean out the gutters.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Wow. So much excitement in one day. Glad you are doing well. Love you...

Kelly said...

Wow, glad your neighbor didn't get hurt worse.

Sounds like a busy first appt. It's always so fun b/c it makes it more real. Just wait till you hear that first heartbeat.

I have some websites bookmarked from my babymaking days that I'll send to ya.

Great Uncle Joe said...

another baby sounds great to me.
can't wait.

the man that fell off the ladder.........was John Bozarth

and know you know the rest of the story.......Good Day

Beth said...

OH Kris...I am so super excited for you! I keep thinking about you guys & just smiling. I can't wait to hold this new little one (or two???...how common is it for twins to have twins....anybody know????) PLEASE keep us updated on the dr. appts. I love it!

So scary on the neighbor! I would have freaked out. Glad he's okay. What a way to get to know him better, huh?

Great Aunt Cindy said...

I guess we all know you won't be getting pregnant on your Honeymoon in California. :-D

Thanks for the doctor appt update...glad all is well in that area, and NO MORE cleaning out gutters for YOU either. EVER!

I'm with Kelly....wait until you get to hear the new little ones heartbeating for the first time, or feel him and/or her move inside you...what a joy that is never forgotten. I never even minded being sick at first b/c it was a true sign I was pregnant. I agree with your mom---enjoy every moment and experience of this precious gift.

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you guys too! I can't wait to hold this new little one. Although I'm with Beth. Bring on some twins. This family definitely needs another set of twins!

Aunt Paulette said...

Love getting the news on the appts...keep them coming! And get used to the cup...you will be giving urine samples forever! Looking forward to that first "picture" of baby Thiessen...even though I can never get the U/S views

Jan said...

We used to get a twins magazine when I worked for the OB/Gyn Dr. It said anyone can have twins at anytime but.........the person most likely to have twins is a female fraternal twin. Bring them on Kris.

Kris said...

Okay...if I have twins who is coming to live with me to help me take care of them???????

Great Aunt Jane said...

I guess that is why you want Sarah to go to St Ambrose, right?

Great Aunt Cindy said...

Get out of the way people....I'm on my way Kris....but first I'd have to beat your mom and dad and Brian's mom and dad (and who knows HOW many others) off with a stick.

Jan said...

I would be there at first for sure but couldn't move in. And I have no doubt that you of all people would have no problem handling twins. Now if there were 3 or more that would be a different story. Of course most of those people have taken fertility pills. Looks like you will never need those.

Great Aunt Andrea said...

You have so much to look forward to! Brian and you would do great with one baby or two. Take care of yourself!