Monday, January 19, 2009

1/19 Private or public

No, I'm not talking about education.

Would you like me to make this a private blahg, where only members can see it? Just let me know. Majority rules.

26 comments:

JeffBoz said...

Public is fine. Just use common sense. Some of you might have trouble with that but my social security number is 220-09-0965. I'm just saying.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You are a pain, but a funny one.

Thanks for your opinion

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

C'mon everyone, post your comments here. Our last name is on the title of the blog. Do you want it public or private?

JeffBoz said...

Jer,

What you don't get is that strangers are viewing your blog. Strangers are not viewing this. Yes someone can look me up and find me but they would have to know who I am first. Your examiner blog is different because random people can type in mental health, chicago, and find your blog. No one is going to type in blog and zarth and find mine. Only people I know are gonna find my blog.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I get that. I still want to know if people want this private or public.

I've already been flogged over this and I apologized. So I'm done talking about the examiner column being public, and it's not a blog, it's an online newspaper column. I will never ever ever in a million years mention the Bozarth name in my column and will not mention it again in my personal blog. I don't know what else I can do. I am sorry.

I do appreciate those of you who read and who comment, and hope you will continue.

As far as this blog goes I prefer it private because we post so many pictures here and I don't want to have to stop that. That's part of the fun, posting pics and making fun of each other.

So we have two votes--Jeff public and me private. Who else cares either way?

JeffBoz said...

I take back everything i said on my blog. I'm going to Danny Nutt's house. Thats where I go to cry.

By the way Blogzarth is not a blog.
It is an online doctoral thesis on the genus homo sapiens with a twist of epstein barr.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You're still a pain, but you make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

simmer down now

Anonymous said...

I'm good with private, but then I already said that to you in private.

Jan said...

It doesn''t matter to me. I did google Bozarth one day and after umteen pages of Ed Bozarth Chevrolet it did bring up Adam Bozarth.Com and Bozarth Blog.

Deb said...

I don't know enough about the cyber world to comment....but, yet I have... ;-)

Anonymous said...

for one, i think that everyone is kind of blowing this out of porpotion (did i spell that wrong? probably so). but i think as long as it's hard to find for those who shouldn't be looking, it's fine to be public. there isn't any harm being done. but with the other arguement about the picture and what not, i think the date was 12/22 in the examiner is where it clearly shows the Bozarth name and i could easily pick out everyone in the picture without even knowing. so saying that you won't say the actual name, you didn't say it, but it showed it.
so over all, CALM YOURSELF!!

Beth said...

I have mine private because I tell a lot of our personal info and pictures. I have found many blogs just by clicking on blogger profiles on comments of other blogs I read. (Is that a mouthfull) It's easy to "stumble" onto blogs without searching for them. Some of them are so personal that I feel like I know their families...and I never comment so they don't have a clue that I read most of the time. I just enjoy reading about different ways of parenting. It just freaks me out that not everyone is as harmless as me in cyberworld.

One of the baby sites I visit frequently has had several instances lately of people posing as different people. They would "steal" photos off blogs/message boards and use them as their own. Pretty scary. There are freaks. And I'm very overprotective.

Saying that, it doesn't mean I really think this blog should be private. Just why mine is.

Everyone can have a different opinion. It's what makes life interesting:)

JeffBoz said...

Who's Sarah? Never heard of her on the blog.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking the blogs have been fine all along-why change any of it. Any one stumbling onto most of the blogs would either not get the jokes, and be bored or think these are some mighty crazy people...I think everyone has made their blog the way they want...and should stay the same. But then-I cant blog and have enough trouble getting into ones with all the verification codes....

Anonymous said...

As long as timmy stegeman is blocked then it's fine with me. I googled him once behind the garage. I'm not proud of it, I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how my comment's on Jer's blog regarding the picture on "The Examiner" got twisted to the Bozarth Blahg. It had nothing to do with anyone's blog. I reviewed my comments and then again the e-mail Jer sent on December 22 regarding the examiner post on non-traditional celebration with a picture of our cemetery outing. Someone commented they did not like our name being visible and Jer wanted to black it out. I thought this was a good idea thus my comments. Now on the online newspaper column is a slideshow of cemetery pictures with Joe Bozarth given credit. Although I love them in the proper setting, I am not sure I want them shared with the online newspaper column. I think I would be more concern if my name was still Bozarth. I know we can google anyone of our names and find them on the internet. My vote is to leave blogs as is. I am glad everyone had a chance to write their opinion. Big amilies, you gotta love them.

Anonymous said...

families. you spelled it wrong.

Anonymous said...

once again I will say that there is a setting that turns off your blog to search engines.
try googling my blog and see if I show up.

I typed it blog blog blog bozarth and this blog showed up but not mine.
I think that alone would make this safer.

jeff thanks for the ss # I have a new credit card coming.

I think I will start my own family blog and see how long it takes to get people arguing on it.

and people say I am hard headed.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Okay, everyone has administrator privileges now. I never did want to be "in charge" of this. Just started it up. So we are all in charge. Yay.

If anybody wants to change a setting. It's all yours.

This will be a lot more fun for me.

Anonymous said...

there now
I just went in and changed it.
it was like having an easy button.

Add your blog to our listings?
the answer is now: NO

Let search engines find your blog?
the answer is now: NO

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature the Bozarth Blahg and it's URL on one of our Super Bowl commercials...is that a problem:)

Too much Bud Light will cause you to have to drop a blog in the morning...

Anonymous said...

I would like to make this private then people like Bud Light won't be bothering us

Anonymous said...

....I wish you would quit blocking my posts. I played an integral part in the history of this family and what thanks do I get. I am buried under 42,000 tons of some of the foulest smelling garbage around. What did I ever do. It wasn't my fault.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Bud, it's all right with me as long as we get free beer the rest of our lives.

Anonymous said...

lawn chair, you weren't any good at texas hold em. you always folded.