Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Day With Nate

(I told mom to email me these pics so I could post them for her....hopefully I can remember all the facts correctly!)

On Sunday mom and dad drove to Charleston to spend the day with Nate and have one last hurrah with him before graduation. They had gorgeous weather (much better than ours was here) and had a great time with Nate and his friends, getting to see campus and have some fun.

The first picture is in front of EIU and the castle. Pretty cool....how many universities have a castle??? I love this picture because mom looks so happy and proud.

This is Jerry's Pub (obviously). This is where Nate works and where they ate at.....mom says their pizza is delicious.....and apparently their alcohol is too. Just sayin', Dad. (I know the guy on the far right is his roomate Chris from Quincy, not sure who the other guy is)
Nate's House. This one didn't make mom cry like the last one did. She did say she didn't venture into the bathroom though.


It's hard to see in the picture but the rock says '09 on it in commemoration of something from 1909....but mom and dad say it's Nate's graduation rock!

Lumpkin Hall School of Business where Nate will graduate from. Yes, I said Lumpkin.....not to be confused with Bumpkin. Nate, I'm sorry, you will probably here some jokes on that one.

All in all, it sounded like a great day and I'm glad they got to have that special time with Nate. I'm looking forward to going there to visit at Nate's Graduation.....I'm sure I will shed a tear or two.
Love ya Nate.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly for doing this-it really was such a special day. Great weather-great food-great company....and a super-great tour guide.Thanks Nate-we both loved seeing your home-away-from-home.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Nate really is going to college...I always thought he was just pulling one over on Mom/Dad to get rent money:)

Probably a good thing I didn't go away to school...I'm sure I would have ended up majoring in Jerry's Pubology.
Beer & Pizza - Yum!

Anonymous said...

great pics, now we actually have proof that "hell Nate, you've been there" good job there nater

JeffBoz said...

Jerry's Pub is listed on the itemized tuition bill as Athletic Fee. Nate, skate, 5+4 = 8

Beth said...

I'm so glad to see where Nate's been the last few years! And what a difference in weather from us, huh?


We miss you, Uncle Nate.

Deb said...

Looks like you all had a great visit! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate...Your campus looks great and so do YOU...I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns and getting 'the job done'!! Can you believe how close you are to being a college graduate? Can you feel the success? Anyway we really are proud of you, and from the looks on your parent's faces they couldn't be prouder of their baby boy either....that, or your dad enjoyed Jerry's Pub a little too much.

Keep working hard...there is only a few months left now.